Los Angeles, California
JOHN ELLIOTT JOB OPENINGS
- Prepare accurate and timely month-end journal entries in compliance with GAAP regulations, as assigned.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, as assigned.
- Perform variance analysis between actual vs. forecast.
- Work closely with internal operating departments such as Marketing, Production, and Operations, to compile financial data to ensure accurate accounting records and timely close.
- Manage fixed asset accounting process; including additions, depreciation and roll forward schedules.
- Liaison between the finance department and the outsourced accounting functions (AP/AR/Collections).
- Assist in compilation of data needed for sales and use tax filing.
- Assist with treasury functions: weekly check runs, processing all electronic payments and verifying vendor banking information.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepare Ad hoc schedules routinely and as requested for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Coordinate cross-functional research to investigate and reconcile significant financial and operational variances.
- Partner with technical team on testing and upgrade of the ERP (Netsuite)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of CPG industry experience specifically in a fashion and apparel space
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel – Pivot Tables / V-lookup
- Netsuite experience is required, other systems experience also helpful (Bill.com, Loop, Shopify)
- Strong ability to problem solve, gather and analyze relevant information, and help with recommendations for resolutions
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion to meet all deadlines.
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships both within Finance as well as cross-functionally, to effectively make recommendations, and drive process improvements.
- Positive “can do” attitude and highly analytical; enjoys challenges.
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
WHY WORK AT JOHN ELLIOTT?
- We're a fast-growing young company with ambitious plans to grow and scale.
- We work in a collaborative and relaxed office. We want work to be rewarding and enjoyable.
- We offer all the latest and greatest hardware/software (i.e. MacBook Pro, monitor, etc.) to help you perform at your best.
- We have tons of fun at team events throughout the year - team lunches, holiday parties and birthdays.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include your name and the job title in the subject line.